Monday, January 9, 2012

Who am I?

Hello.  I'm a true Oregonian, born in Salem and only lived in 3 cities in my lifetime (Salem, Corvallis, and Albany). I've been interested in "technology" since I was introduced to the Nintendo Entertainment System aka NES when I was a kid.  From that point on, I tried to learn everything I could about Video Games.  During my senior year of high school, I was introduced to the world wide web, or we call it now, the Internet.  I learned how to create webpages and establish a presence.  After high school and into college, I began to steer my interest into mobile technology, mainly cellphones.  As Web 2.0 became into existence and the past couple of years of Social Networks, I became intrigued how all this great evolution of technology can be used not only as an entertainment medium, but one to use to teach and educate.

I'm currently an online course developer down at Oregon State University, where I work with Faculty in getting their class content into an online medium and researching new methods of producing an outstanding online course.  Originally I had planned on using a blog to post and share ideas that I would come across during my research, but I would always neglect the blog and it would never get started.  Hopefully this class will give me more of a drive to get it going!

1 comment:

  1. I see you chose to use the blog address I suggested as opposed to you giving it a name. thenameyougiveit was intended to be replaced by a name you give to you blog. Fortunately other students chose other names to avoid conflicts.

    I look forward to working with you.

    ReplyDelete